Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sorry for not posting earlier but my camera didn't work the night of the ball. So I had to wait for a friend of mine to send me some of her pictures. The ceremony included the cutting of the cake in which the oldest marine shares his slice of cake with the youngest marine, this signifies the oldest marine passing his knowledge to the younger marine. In this case the oldest marine was a Colonel in his sixties and the youngest marine was a lance corporal who just turned 18. They presented the colors and had a guest of honor, who spoke highly of the company. After all the formalities were completed, dinner was served and the music started playing. I must say that I was anxious to dance, so as soon as the music started to play we were out on the dance floor until we dropped. John showed off some of his old break dancing moves, which was pretty awsome to see. It still amazes me how he can still get away with moving so acrobatically, and not hurt himself. We had such a great time. :)

No comments: