Wednesday, October 1, 2008

B's 6yr old B-day!











Brandens long and anxiously awaited birthday finally came. He literally counted each day until his birthday, poor guy got sick at the last minute so I was not able to take him and his friend to a special place and celebrate. So our day started with watching one of his favorite movies(Iron Man), and enjoying yummy vanilla cupcakes for breakfast and pizza for lunch. Branden was anxious to go to the pet store, he had been wanting a hamster as a present for a while and since he has been such a good boy I decided to get him one, just as long as he feeds it and cares for it. So after lunch we went to Pet Smart to look for the animal, since I have no idea about hamsters I asked a clerk to help us and guide us. We were informed that the animals life span is only 2 yrs, and Branden got sadden so now he is asking me why his hamster is going to die so soon. I am not so sure now, that I made a good purchase. :( Even though we didn't make him a party he was very content and was greatful his daddy was able to take the afternoon off to spend with him, and played his favorite pretend game spaceship. In the evening we sang happy b-day to him, opened presents and ate cake and ice cream. I have promised B that we will go to Boondocks in two weeks to celebrate his B-day.

2 comments:

Nielson said...

Lucky Branden! how fun to have a little hamster (I wanted one as a kid--but not now... :) ) HOpefully he lasts as long as possible for ya! :)

Naoma said...

Happy Birthday Brandon! Looks like he had a good day, and I am sure he will love that hamster... long life of not! I am so glad that you have started blogging!