Friday, September 26, 2008

Branden's VIP week


This week Branden was VIP in Kindergarten. He is turning 6 next week so we made a poster with some of his favorite pictures from when he was a baby to present. It was so hard to decide which pictures to post, in my eyes they were all cute, but we had to keep it simple. So I ended up asking Branden which pics he liked best and this is the finished product. I am not creative at all, so I just taped them on the board in date order. Branden was really excited about this all week, he was feeling sick this morning but didnt want to miss his special day. This afternoon, when John and I showed up to his class, he was clearly happy to see us. He made every attempt to control him self and mantain a reserved composure. This impressed his teacher, who later asked me if he was this disciplined at home, I was proud to say he was. Anyway, in class we talked about Brandens life, his likes, dislikes and key events. The highlight of the talk was when he went to Disneyland and was selected to train with the Jedi Knights. We showed pictures of him fighting Darth Maul, the clones troopers and Darth Vader. We showed the class his Padawan certificate that made him a genuine Jedi in training. Mrs Wengreen asked John to tell the children what he does for a living. The children got to ask Brandens questions about his life and got to know him a little more. It really made our little boy feel special, seeing how excited they all were for him. At the end, we all got to sing the VIP and Happy B-day songs, and I passed out some treats to every one. I hope when Branden looks back at his childhood, he sees these special moments and cherishes them as much as I will.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am so excited that you blogged! Hooray for you and congratulations on your first post as well as congratulations to Branden for being VIP. The video was adorable.